I have been so very fortunate to be the recipient of several blog awards over the past couple of weeks. I have not been very cordial in publicly thanking those who were kind of enough to give me an award, and I apologize. The end of the school year is always more hectic than I ever anticipate, and time just got away from me. Without further ado, however, let me share my heartfelt appreciation to the award givers….and let me pay forward the gift to a few fellow bloggers.
The first award I need to acknowledge is from my dear friend, Susan, at You Can Never Have Enough Books. Susan and I completed a mini challenge together in March and my reading life has been greatly enriched by that experience. This award signifies a blog that cares — and I truly cherish the fact that Susan senses my caring spirit through the words I write. ‘The only requirement for this award is that you shared it with whomever you like, sharing the love is always a good thing. The blog has to show only one characteristic, caring. So, start sharing this enchanted award with five other bloggers. Let your bloggers know they have received this enchanted award. (Remember, fairies are fickle wee things, don’t incur their displeasure by ignoring their gift). ‘
I would like to share this award with the following bloggers because their dedication to the blogging community is clearly evident:
- Kittling: Books (love her Scene of the Blog and Weekly Link Round Up posts)
- Bookin’ with Bingo (her prize giveaways are amazing)
- Ms. Bookish (her weekly list of all book giveaways in the blogosphere is amazing)
- Semicolon (her weekly Saturday Review post is a goldmine of book possibilities)
- Just One More Page (her Musing Monday meme asks such thought-provoking questions)
- The Printed Page (I only wish I could participate more often in her Mailbox Monday post)
- A Novel Challenge (this is the quintessential blog to find a book reading challenge)
- Weekly Geeks (another great thought-provoking question each week)
- Maw Books (she faithfully posts the NYT best seller lists every week)
- Melissa’s Bookshelf (you MUST read her fabulous blogger tips)
The next award that I received was the “You Don’t Say” award — with the most adorable Panda Bear button! This award acknowledges those who frequently comment on the others’ blogs. Sheri from A Novel Menagerie and Melissa of Melissa’s Bookshelf both bestowed me with this terrific honor. As you all know, we bloggers CRAVE comments as it is our barometer that what we say has meaning to others.
There are few bloggers that I would like to acknowledge as exceptional in this regard. They are as follows:
- Kathy of Bermuda Onion’s weblog
- Beth of Beth Fish Reads
- Kaye of Pudgy Penguin Perusals
- Bonnie of Red Lady’s Reading Room
- Anne of Diary of an Eccentric
- Margot of Joyfully Retired
- Ti of Book Chatter and Other Stuff
Fleur Fisher finds me friendly (how’s that for alliteration?) and I am deeply touched. I am a shy person in the real world, and oftentimes viewed as stand-offish rather than friendly – so it is especially nice to know that I can communicate affability in the blogging world.
I can honestly say that every blogger with whom I have come in contact is friendly, so it is very difficult to single out a few to pass along this award. I will, however, take the time to honor a certain few always seem to have a kind word to say or tweet — or who have been instrumental in helping me with my initial blogging experience:
- Sheri of A Novel Menagerie (so helpful when I first started blogging)
- Natasha of Classic Vasilly (always has a hello for me on twitter)
- Kim of Page after Page (always signs her encouraging comments *smile*)
- Marta at Marta’s Meanderings (a friendly twitter with a friendly blog to match)
- Shannon at Shannon Loves Books (a twitter friend who shares a love of “clean” literature)
- Stephanie at Stephanie’s Written Word (volunteered to organize all the BEA attendees)
- Robin at A Fondness for Reading (volunteered to help me with my first challenge)
- JoAnn at Lakeside Musing (we are in similar stages in life and I can relate to her so well)
- Jenners at Find Your Next Book Here (I just see her name and a smile comes to my face)
- Dawn at She is Too Fond of Books (another twitter friend and BEA organizer)
The Book Resort honored me with her Splash award: What is a Splash Award ? It is an award given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive & inspiring blogs. My family is probably reading this description and asking, “who are they talking about?!” Not sure they would use the words alluring or bewitching to describe me 🙂 — but I am very grateful for this fantastical award.
The blogs that I think are worthy of this “bewitching” award because of their deep love for the fantasy genre of literature include:
- Nymeth of Things Mean a Lot
- Chris of Stuff as Dreams are Made on….
- DesLily of Here, There and Everywhere
- Susan of You Can Never Have Enough Books
The final award that I have been fortunate to receive is the Lovely Blog award from Karen at The Pink Bookmark. I think the button is appropriate to the award — it is quite lovely. I found Karen’s blog during the readathon event and have really enjoyed reading her insightful comments.
I thought I would pass along this award to the few bloggers I know who have recently converted their blog to their own domain. I simply cannot imagine the work and skill necessary to accomplish such a feat – and their new blogs are indeed lovely. For those who have done this and I am unaware, please forgive my oversight and know how much I admire your efforts!