Boy did I have fun going to the library yesterday! More than half of my holds had arrived and I was as a giddy as a child on Christmas morning. Now, please do not think that I have any intention of reading all of these books within the three week loan period! I read much too slowly to harbor any of those expectations. I do, however, plan to skim all of them, read some of them, and decide if others are enough to my liking to check out at another time, or if I would just rather return to them unfinished.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (audio book recommended by Sandy) – I have read the book numerous times but I am anxious to listen to Sissy Spacek’s narration.
- Amazing Gracie by Dan Dye and Mark Beckloff
- Gourmet Rhapsody by Muriel Barbery
- The Archivist by Martha Cooley
- Confections of a Closet Master Baker by Gesine Bullock-Prado (Sandra Bullock’s sister)
- Living the Vida Lola by Misa Ramirez (I was contacted by the author to review her 2nd book, so I thought I should preview her debut book first)
- Half Minute Horrors (reviewed by Lenore)
- Letters to Alice on First Reading Jane Austen (by Fay Weldon)
- From Baghdad, with Love by Jay Kopelman
- Get Real by Donald Westlake
- Woman in Red by Eileen Goudge
- Domestic Affairs by Eileen Goudge (I have not read any of her material and I couldn’t decide which one I might enjoy most)
Have you read any of these books? Do you have any suggestions for which one I should start first? Which one(s) might be good Read-a-Thon material?