I know…I know…I said that I wouldn’t join many challenges this year, and I have already signed up for more than I anticipated. However, when I read about this event on A Novel Challenge, I just knew that I had to make an exception.
- Read a book by an author whose last name begins with “B”
- Read a mystery in a different country other than your own
- Read a mystery originally published in 2010
- Read the first mystery in a series
Now I will show why I HAD to join!
- I have already planned to read a mystery by M. C. Beaton
- Her Agatha Raisin mysteries take place in England (a long way from Kansas)
- I plan to read Thereby Hangs a Tail by Spencer Quinn just as soon as I can get my hands on it
- I have already planned to read the first Miss Marple mystery, Murder at the Vicarage, sometime this semester
So you see, it was inevitable – it was fate – it was providence – it was meant to be that I join this challenge. I really had no choice now, did I?!