It is Monday…and while this is usually not my most favorite day of the week, I absolutely LOVE today because it is the first day of Spring Break! Ah, the possibilities that lie ahead and what appears to be great amounts of free time to do whatever I choose. Of course, I know this week will fly by and I will not accomplish all that I hope, as I do have quite a few bookish activities planned.
I did not participate in The Sunday Salon this week because I was simply too absorbed in Jodi Picoult’s newest book, House Rules (and if you are interested in winning an autographed copy – click here). So…I thought I would participate in Sheila’s Monday morning meme instead; I plan to read A LOT!!
Here is a list of the activities that I hope to accomplish this week:
Library Books that are waiting to be read:
The Motion of the Ocean by Janna Cawrse Esarey
A Charmed Life by Liza Campbell
The Group by Mary McCarthy
Becoming Jane Eyre by Sheila Kohler
Letter to My Daughter by George Bishop
The Postmistress by Sarah Blake
Other potential Spring Break activities:
- Work on original story for One Year Adventure Novel
- Read non-fiction books on Travel Writing to gain some tips for recording my upcoming trip to Oxford
- Become familiar with my daughter’s Canon Rebel xti so that I can take some decent pictures while in Europe
- Develop scope and sequence for 4th quarter Mystery Writing focus in 7th grade
- Develop scope and sequence for 4th quarter for Journalism focus in 9th grade
Ok — so I am setting myself up for disappointment, as there is no way any human being can accomplish all that I have outlined here. However, I will sure have a great time trying to do as much as I possibly can.
Hope y’all have a great week as well…..