I have self-imposed a library ban until after this summer. Well, let me rephrase that: I have self-imposed a library ban for pleasure reading until August. I will still use the library to acquire books that I use in lesson plans and…most recently….that I plan to use for research on a possible novel idea.
Here are the recent library acquisitions that I brought home to help me with the research. Do you notice a theme?
- From Monet to Van Gogh: A History of Impressionism – DVD from the Teaching Company. Lecture given by Professor Richard Brettell
- Eye on Art: Impressionism by Peggy J. Parks
- Monet and the Impressionists for Kids by Carol Sabbeth
- What Makes a Degas a Degas? by Richard Muhlberger
- Getting to know the World’s Greatest Artists: Edgar Degas by Mike Venezia
- A Weekend with Degas by Rosabianca Skira-Venturi
- Gustave Caillebotte by Kirk Varnedoe
- Chasing Degas by Eva Montanari
- DK Eyewitness Books: Impressionism by Jude Welton
- DK Eyewitness Books: Manet by Patricia Wright
- Degas and the Dance by Susan Goldman Rubin
- Impressionists by Antonia Cunningham
- Impressionism by Richard Brettell