For those who have followed this blog over the years (and I can’t thank you enough for your support) … you know its identity struggles.
My Cozy Book Nook began in 2009 as a book review blog. As many new bloggers of that era… I knew I wanted to write, but I didn’t know what to write. The book blogging community was the perfect place to start: I enjoyed reading – I enjoyed talking about books – I loved adding to my TBR (to be read) lists. It was a win/win. I met many online friends whom I continue to visit today.
- Mom passed in 2011 and I became an adult orphan – the matriarch of the family. A role I was not quite ready to assume.
- On the day of Mom’s memorial service, I became a grandmother for the first time. Another role I was not quite ready to accept.
- Two months later, my youngest graduated, moved to her own place, and we officially became an empty nest. While I knew this time would come, I wasn’t quite prepared for the speed in which it all happened.
- I retired from a ten-year teaching career in 2014 … only to return to the classroom in a limited capacity in 2015 … and then again in 2017. I seem to find retirement difficult to embrace.
- I led two groups to Europe (a total of 72 students/teachers/parents) and took one two-week solo trip to Paris. Travel is in my blood.
- I also wrote and published three books: two non-fiction – Journaling Toward Wholeness and Italian Family Christmas – and Ellie’s Paris Adventure (Middle-Grade realistic fiction).
While I still love to read… reading does not define me.
While I still love to teach … teaching is no longer my primary vocation.
While I still love to write (and journal) … writing does not dictate my life.
While I love to travel – and share those adventures with others … I am not a travel blog.
I also love photography, scrapbooking and my basset … but I do want to be defined by those interests.
It became apparent that a niche blog was too confining.
- Cresting the Hill
- Sizzling Towards Sixty and Beyond
- Profound Journey
- Retirement Reflections
- Deb’s World
- Life Part 2
- Laurie Stone Writes
- 60 is the new 50
- Loving the Fifty Something